N.O.F.S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Statistics
We have 29 registered users
The newest registered user is amici2003

Our users have posted a total of 475 messages in 151 subjects
Latest topics
» favorite tv shows
Game Recs! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 7:55 pm by blazer

» The Worst?
Game Recs! EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:17 am by blazer

» Americas government is corrupt
Game Recs! EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:08 am by blazer

» Preferences?
Game Recs! EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:00 am by blazer

» Most you've smoked in a single sitting?
Game Recs! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:28 pm by wu-soldier

» If you were going to
Game Recs! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:26 pm by wu-soldier

» worst experience with drugs
Game Recs! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:45 pm by HippieTrippie

» School pranks
Game Recs! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:50 pm by blazer

» corrupt a wish game
Game Recs! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:42 pm by blazer

Gallery

Game Recs! Empty

Game Recs!

Go down

Game Recs! Empty Game Recs!

Post by Steal Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:13 am

So, what games would you rec to somebody?

Personally, all of mine are Shin Megami Tensei games, however, i'll choose two...

Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 -
"Rend!
Slaughter!
Devour your enemies!
There is no other way to survive.
You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Devil_Saga (HAS SPOILERs)

A great story, it has cannibalistic demons, religion-based enemies such as Parvati, Isis, Horus, the female party member's demon form doesn't have one mouth on her face, she has two mouths on both breasts, death, and much, much more. In this game, dark isn't evil, and light isn't good. Basically, all I have to say about this game (or these games, rather) is do not get attached to ANY of the characters. ANY OF THEM. though Bat was a psychotic woobie for me, shame about the ship.

Persona 3 -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_3 (SPOILERS)

Another great story, you really need to love their battle animations where they fire a GUN at their HEAD which fires emotion stress, though the graphics may seem a bit sub-par, it makes up for it with anime cutscenes, a school/dating sim (dating by raising a girl's social link about 5, I think), the fact that you can choose from a range of girls (I chose the sport team manager Yuko! Tsh, at least she's better than Yukari... ), the fact that you can change personas for your MC (who I called Usa-chan), and two different endings (the good and bad endings). Also, don't beclome too attached to some certain characters... though one has some pretty good scenes near the end...

----

If I were you, i'd play all the SMT (translation (I believe this is it): Reincarnation Of The True Goddess) games, as most of them (not the DemiKids series, though) have many of the same themes, which is very, very dark. Dark is not evil, light is not good, that sort of thing. Also, be prepared to eventually climb up incredably long towers (I believe there is a 2000 or more ft. tower at the end of Digital Devil Saga 1 that you need to climb, and the only dungeon in Persona 3 is Tartarus, a 300-400 floor tower, that you need to climb in a set amount of days.)

TL;DR - Play Persona 3 and Digital Devil Saga 1-2 NOW. NOW.[strike]

queen
Steal
Steal

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down